Sunday, January 8, 2012

Where spirits and souls dance.

The morning of Dec 2, I woke next to my mom in living room, my massage table edged up next to her hospice bed so I could be as close to her as possible, and I'm drawn outside by the early light. The power and color and beauty in the sky brought me to tears, made me feel small and light...I remember understanding in that moment that there are forces so much bigger than us and that perhaps this is where spirits and souls dance...and asked out loud in a soft teary voice "mom are you here mom in this beauty? Are you inside in bed and also part out here in this brilliant sky? Is this you transitioning?" I felt a small sense of peace I remember. I was searching for peace amongst the deep ripping of my heart. Then I went back into my make-shift bed next to mom's, put her hand in mine, my head next to hers, feeling her forehead against mine, and silently cried with grief and a small sense of peace. The next day she left her human body.

No comments:

Post a Comment