Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Serin Eggling - Celebration of Her Life; January 29, 2012

Deeply loving selfless mom,
devoted daughter, sister,
sage friend,
luminous spirit,
...all that is beautiful.
~Serin Eggling~
6.28.1943 -- 12.3.2011



Serin Eggling, my beautiful mom, took her last breath in my arms on December 3, 2011. She turned 68 this year in June.

I was her only child. She was my only parent. Our bond was one that grew stronger daily like the roots of an old indigenous tree. And yet her capacity to love allowed her to share herself and care for others far beyond me. Her heart had the reach of the sun and so, so many have been warmed by her light.

A celebration of mom's luminous life will be held Sunday, January 29, 2012, 2:00 PM at Montclair Presbyterian Church in Oakland. A remembrance reception will follow just across the courtyard. It would be an honor to have you join me on this special day.

I've been asked by many where to donate in her memory and know my mom would be touched. In lieu of flowers, donations in her name can be made to one of the following, or a cause of your choosing.

--Prescott Circus Theatre:
Online: http://tinyurl.com/SerinPrescottCircus (Donate button on bottom of page)
Mail: Prescott Circus Theatre, 2425 East 28th Street, Oakland, CA, 94601.

--Montclair Presbyterian Church:
Online: http://www.mpcfamily.org/ (Donate button on right of page).
Mail: MPC 5701 Thornhill Drive, Oakland, CA, 94611

For my mom, every day was a new opportunity to find joy and give love. My mom didn't lose her battle with brain cancer, she won by never ceasing to live
life fully, appreciating her family, her community, her life, and finding light wherever she was.

As we travel through the rest of the holiday season and start a fresh new year, I hope all those she touched can hold on to the belief that her spirit and vibrant energy live forever in each of us, in memories, sunrises, sunsets, birds, song, and all that is beautiful.


With loving gratitude,
Vanessa Hammack

Vanessa Hammack, 4606 Dolores Ave., Oakland, Ca. 94602;

No comments:

Post a Comment